Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A trip to San Antonio...and some BIG news!



Who says furlough days (days off without pay) are all bad? The City of Abilene is giving all employees three furlough days in order to avoid layoffs because sales tax revenue is down. The first of the three furlough days was Friday, March 19th. Anthony and I took advantage of my long weekend and went to San Antonio to see my sister, Laurie, and her boyfriend, Ryan. While we were there, we planned on doing some shopping for baby stuff at some of the awesome stores they have there that we don't have in Abilene (like Babies R Us).

We ended up getting a lot more than just a visit and some shopping! While we were there, Laurie and Ryan gave us their big news! They too are expecting a new arrival!!! Laurie is due 11-25-10. I'm so excited that Laurie and I are going to be able to share the experiences of being pregnant and figuring out how to take care of babies together!

All of the shopping we did made us hungry, so we decided to visit Joe's Crab Shack to celebrate. As you can see in the pics below, Anthony and Ryan really enjoyed the steampots they got, which were filled with crab, crawfish, shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and corn. Laurie and I opted for cuisine that didn't require quite as much work to eat. Laurie had the coconut shrimp and I had the crawfish etouffee. It sure was good!





While we were shopping, I found a cute little outfit that I just couldn't resist! And, since it was 50% off, it was a bargain to boot! Check it out below. The seat of the pants has a monkey on it, which I'm sure will look really cute with a little pamper covered butt filling it! And just to make sure he and everyone else knows, one of the tops says, "Mommy loves me". Too precious to resist!



No comments: